If you’ve been asked to write a guest post for a blog, congratulate yourself – it’s a great honor to write a guest post for another blog. It’s also a great way to get exposure to other audiences and increase traffic to your personal blog. But how should you go about writing a guest post? This article will provide some helpful suggestions.
1. Find blogs that accept guest blog posts. If you haven’t already been asked by a certain blog owner to write a guest post, but you’re interested in starting to share your knowledge on other blogs, do a search for other blogs on your topic and see which ones accept blog posts. Start reading the blogs and get a feel for what type of posts you could write that would contribute to the blog. This might also be a good time to contact the blog owner and find out more about the type of people that read the blog.
2. Know the audience that the blog attracts. If you have a blog already, you more than likely know the audience you’re writing for on your blog – but what kind of audience are you writing to for the blog you’ve been asked to write a guest post for? If you’re guest posting on a blog that has the same topic or a topic similar to your blog topic, the audience may be the same – however the best way to find out what kind of audience the blog attracts is to ask the blog owner so you can get some idea of how to go about writing the guest blog post.
3. Get to know the other blog owner. If you’ve been asked to write a guest post for a blog, you may already know the other blog owner. However if you don’t know the blog owner personally, take some time to get to know them before you write the guest blog post. Talk to them on instant messaging or send email. Once you know the blog owner a little better, you may have a better idea of what kind of guest post to write.
4. Write the post. If the blog owner hasn’t given you a specific topic to write about, but you have an idea of a topic you’d like to write about, just go ahead and write it, send it to the blog owner and let them take a look at it. If you have no idea what to write for a guest post, ask the blog owner for suggestions.
5. Write the best post you’ve ever written. Remember when you’re writing a guest post for another blog, it may be the first impression you make on that blog’s audience. Therefore, you want to make sure you write the best blog post you can.
6. Include a bio, as well as a link to your blog. Most blog posts include a short bio about the guest blogger, along with a link that will take readers to the blogger’s blog so they can read more of the guest blogger’s own blog posts if they choose to.
7. Interact with Commenters. If your blog post gets published and you get feedback on it via comments left on the blog, be sure you provide feedback to those comments or questions – be friendly in your responses so that people will want to read your blog.
8. Welcome new readers. If you get new readers as a result of the guest post, send them a personal welcome message thanking them for reading your blog.
These are just a few suggestions for how to go about writing a guest blog post. If the blog owner likes your guest blog post, you may be asked to write additional posts for the same blog – this is a great way to help that blog’s audience get to know you better.